Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Around the Neighborhood or Things Learned On a Neighborhood Walk 2: Electric Boogaloo

After resting on my laurels for a few days (i.e., letting my muscles recover from my last walk), I decided to go on another frolic through the neighborhood; this time, however, I wisely decided to avoid going up Grandview and Crown, and went up just Grandview (and Woodland instead of Crown).

The ascent of Grandview wasn't quite as difficult as the last time, but still, it was challenging. I did have to stop a few times to pant and sip water, but I stopped fewer times than the last time. It's my ultimate goal to make it all the way up Grandview without having to stop, hyperventilate, and wince at how much higher I'll have to climb when I start again.

I brought my camera this time and snapped a few photographs along the route I took this time (which wasn't much different, only I went up Woodland and down Crown, instead of down Woodland and up Crown) to share with my faithful blog readers (of which there are surely few, but those of you who do actually read this, just humor me). Without further ado, scenes from my neighborhood:

The Lonely Mountain. This is where Grandview intersects my street.


Photobucket


This is just about the halfway point up Grandview.


Photobucket


Looking back...


Photobucket



Photobucket


Down Crown (the never-ending hill).


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


The overpass that goes over St. Louis Road (one side of "The Triangle").



Photobucket


St. John's Cemetery.



Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


The Tree Tunnel.


Photobucket


Photobucket


The park.



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Back down Grandview on my way home.



Photobucket


Photobucket


You can kind of see the Arch in this picture. It was really hazy and my camera is inadequate for these kind of pictures. I need a new camera.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment